SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Product team who will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of retail media. You will play a critical role in bridging the gap between business needs and technology solutions, gathering detailed requirements, analysing our business processes, and working closely with company stakeholders and the engineering team to continuously enhance our software platform. If you have a strong analytical mindset, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of both business operations and technology, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like
- Clarify, define and evaluate business problems and feature requests, articulating them as detailed requirements and user stories.
- Analyse internal and external systems and data to map out rules and business requirements.
- Document accurate representations of new and existing business processes and data-flows.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders ensuring a common understanding of the requirements.
- Validate technical solution designs and test approaches to ensure they will meet product requirements.
- Contribute to RFI/RFPs where required.
- Support the active sprint teams to ensure that requirements and specifications are understood.
- Support the QA team with detailed test completion criteria and review of test plans to ensure they meet product requirements.
- Analyse data to identify trends, patterns, and insights and prepare reports and presentations to communicate your findings.
- Working closely with the wider product team to ensure roadmaps and backlogs are clearly defined.
What you'll need to have / be
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst in a technology company, supporting a successful product.
- Demonstrable experience with requirements gathering and creating detailed business and functional specifications.
- Strong understanding of business processes and experience in process improvement.
- Ability to interrogate databases and API’s to conduct necessary analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with both the engineering team and stakeholders.
- Strong organisation, planning, and prioritisation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,800 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.