SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Media Associate to join our team who will be the point of contact for all media queries and will be responsible for carrying out full end-to-end campaign management across OOH, print and 3rd party digital channels alongside the Client Executive. You will be a media expert and a reliable source of knowledge for the client team across Capture and Boots Media Group, offering campaign recommendations through strategic media plans and reporting.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Managing media owner relationships across 3rd party digital, print and OOH which includes building and growing our existing relationships, as well as meeting with new media owners to grow our media portfolio.
- Regularly communicating with media owners on wider team/business/client updates.
- Supporting the full end-to-end campaign management, managing the process from brief to evaluation and coordinating responses between client teams and media owners.
- Interacting with client teams as necessary on campaign ideation, campaign planning and booking process and providing them with regular updates on campaign performance, optimisations, and insights.
- Regularly updating and tracking commercials across multiple platforms and software and driving incremental opportunities for our clients.
- Creating formalised media plans across designated media channels and assisting with proposal/pitch content creation.
- Exploring new media opportunities and driving innovation where you see the benefit.
What you'll need to have / be
- A can-do attitude with the drive to learn and grow skillset across multiple channels.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritising tasks across multiple projects and agencies.
- Highly organised, with a good attention to detail and a workable understanding of Excel.
- Commercially savvy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good teamwork, collaboration, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong client relationships.
- Experience working in another agency across digital or OOH media channels is a plus.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,800 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.