SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Creative Artworker to work within our Co-op partnership and join our growing artwork team to help deliver artwork across the entire media estate of one of the UK's most famous retail brands. You will be working in a fast-paced environment in which you will need to produce different volumes of artwork to a high-quality finish. You will be working within Co-op's Masterbrand templates and will produce print ready artwork across many different media channels - from eCommerce banners to shelf barkers and everything in between.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Taking artwork briefs and being responsible for managing the timing and progress of those projects.
- Ensuring a high quality of artwork output, even when under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Helping other members of the team during busy periods and being a brand guardian for Co-op, ensuring design guidelines are always adhered to.
- Producing print ready artwork and then uploading them onto printer servers complete with work codes as well as producing fully animated files for use in digital media.
- Working with account teams to deliver the work they need, to the high standard and on time.
Keeping our work platform (Trello) up to date and filing to a high standard.
What you'll need to have / be
- Experience working as an Artworker in a fast-paced marketing, digital or media agency environment or similar.
- The ability to follow a detailed process, starting from initial briefing, all the way through to print delivery.
- The ability to manage your time and prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met and being an independently motivated artworker that can also play a part in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven animation experience with animations being produced for agencies and brands.
- The ability to liaise with both suppliers, client teams and other design/artworkers to ensure work is completed to the correct spec.
- Possess confidence and experience in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Great organisational and design admin skills with the ability to showcase excellent layout skills with an eye for design and attention to detail.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.