SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are on the hunt for a brilliant Product Owner, up to Senior level, to join our team to work on driving the growth of our product; Plan-Apps.
We are a relatively small, but fast paced team but are growing very quickly as we have huge ambitions. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is happy to work in an environment where you can get stuck in and make a real impact. In practice, this means we are looking for someone who is happy to take initiatives, work autonomously and flexible to cover some tasks that are not core product-owner tasks such as wireframing, training and comms.
Our product is a B2B web-application, focused on the retail media industry. We’re currently only serving UK clients, but we’re expanding internationally which will present some huge growth opportunities therefore the product owner is critical to the future of our product.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Working closely with the wider team to define and refine the product offering on the UK product and supporting our international expansion.
- Own product requirements, preparing clear, relevant documentation and materials to effectively translate the need to the development team including acceptance criteria and wireframes.
- Run effective planning and wireframing sessions, motivating and clearly communicating the needs of requirements to the wider team to help identify the best solution.
- Own product releases, landing them with impact to communicate their value, working with the client success team to ensure that key stakeholders are informed and can subsequently train their clients and drive usage and stickiness across the platform.
- Managing and prioritising the product backlog based on changing requirements and user needs, feeding these into the wider product roadmap and later analysing their effectiveness post release.
- Work hand in hand with the wider Agile team to ensure that we remain on track for key delivery milestones.
Staying up to date with the wider industry and competitors to ensure that the product remains innovative and aligned with the needs of the market.
What you'll need to have / be
Expert communicator – You can communicate complex technical complex to non-technical stakeholders, tacking their needs.
Brilliant balancer – You are a pro at balancing competing priorities and demands, ensuring the delivery of a steady flow or requirements to the development team.
Relationships building – You love building and nurturing relationships across your stakeholder sets and build trustworthy relationships.
Organisation – Ensuring that features and stories are shared and seamlessly delivered to teams. Competent in handling multiple products/features at any point in time.
Conflict resolver - You're skilled at listening, negotiating, and managing conflicts to determine scope and priorities, collaborating effectively with stakeholders and technical roles.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.