SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
To manage a small team with the goal of delivering accurate & insightful campaign evaluations that provide strategic value to our clients. We will require you to lead & deliver insightful reports on media performance trends that provide our teams with the knowledge to create industry leading campaigns and work with internal and external teams to develop the overall evaluations & insight proposition with a focus on improving efficiencies and enhancing the evaluation offering.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Lead on the overall delivery of campaign evaluations within your area with a focus on clear communication of progress, accuracy & meeting key SLA’s
- Lead on the overall development of the evaluation process in your area ensuring that there is a focus on driving efficiencies & accuracy
- Work with external teams to drive forward our data capabilities and in turn, the value that our evaluations provide clients
- Work with internal teams to cohesively improve the end-to-end campaign process to drive smarter ways of working adding value to business operations
- Upskill your wider team and arm them with insight derived from evaluations that directly support them in their own roles
- Deliver Insight Deep Dives for strategic clients where necessary with the aim of supporting them in their decision making utilising data derived from their evaluations
- Support in the delivery of intelligent store targeting using Plan-Apps tools and supporting retailer data
- Effectively manage performance in your team through weekly 121s or other catch ups.
- Ensure every team member has a Workplan with SMART objectives & these are live docs.
- Support with recruitment process and hiring high-performers into your team.
- Ensure an effective onboarding takes place for all new starters including regular feedback conversations & probation reviews.
- Deliver appropriate team training to fill knowledge or skills gaps.
- Provide opportunities to your team to work closely on insight deriving projects & insight team deep dives
What you'll need to have / be
- Strong numeracy skills and ability to interpret complex data.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Proven experience in a data analysis role at a similar level.
- Coaching and development experience as a line manager of a small team is desired.
- Experience working with regression models and a strong understanding of the e-commerce landscape is advantageous.
- Experience using programming languages such as Python and R. Desirable but not required.
- The ability to adapt to an agile working environment with clear organisation and prioritisation skills to manage workload effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.