SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Client Director who will be responsible for the new media roadmap at Morrisons Media Group. The responsibility of this will be all encompassing, from setting the strategic direction of the roadmap, to building and launching the new media channels within Morrisons. You will also be responsible for accelerating the delivery of the new media roadmap to complement the foundational media channels which were launched in Year 1. This includes the full scale roll out of Morrisons360 – a flagship product with the retailer – which will become a central part of the retail media network and the growth of investment into Morrisons. This role will be named as New Media Director within our business.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Developing the vision and roadmap for New Media at Morrisons Media Group and will responsible for identifying new media channels considering the competitive landscape and client’s needs.
- Working with relevant stakeholders including the retailer, technology solution providers, publishers, as well as key stakeholders across the broader SMG business. You will be responsible for project managing these new channels from incubation to full roll out to the client base, ensuring they are commercially viable for all parties.
- You will be relentless in seeking out and delivering new media toolkit opportunities to ensure the RMN becomes market competitive over the next year.
- Leading the commercial forecasting for all new media channels to obtain buy in from key stakeholders to launch these and leading the relationship with retailer’s procurement team, advising them in any negotiation with new providers to secure the best deal for Morrisons.
- Establishing and leading the governance for media development, ensuring that our retail partners at Morrisons as well as key stakeholders at SMG are kept constantly updated.
- Building successful networks with internal and external stakeholders to ensure you have all the support you need to drive innovation.
- Holding full responsibility for the new media roadmap, building new media capabilities that leverage retailer first party data and new technologies that move us from the old world of 'shopper marketing' to the new world of 'connected commerce media’.
What you'll need to have / be
- The ability to work with multiple senior stakeholders both internal and external to deliver the Morrisons new media roadmap.
- A proven track record of delivering strong results in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Experience in a client or customer facing role with strong influencing skills with the ability to juggle and deliver multiple projects at one time, with the competence to pivot quickly based on the needs and wants of the business.
- The aptitude to independently research and become a subject matter expert on new retail media channels or technology.
- The ability to handle ambiguity and the demands that come with regularly setting up and launching something new.
- Strong commercial guile with previous experience building/working in an existing retail media network is ideal but not essential.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.