SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Senior Client Manager to join us and work on one of our exciting retailer partnerships. This role will see you manage a portfolio of FMCG brand clients alongside building stakeholder relationships with our retailer partner. You will be accountable for creating market leading retail media campaigns; from initial strategy development and briefing, through to implementation and evaluation.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Develop proposals and strategies based on supplier budgets and objectives to create cohesive media plan that will deliver against KPIs.
- Liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to activate FMCG branded activity across a range of channels, including on and offsite media within agreed timelines, following creative guidelines.
- Ownership of driving commercials for the categories under your remit to help contribute towards wider business targets, seeking our investment opportunities, managing forecasts and reporting on these.
- Line management of direct reports, holding weekly meetings with these, creating work plans, hosting appraisals and tracking their day-to-day output and progression. This will be in addition to providing daily support as and when required.
- Work to ensure all content (including but not limited to media plans, status reports, performance reviews and recommendations) are completed to a high standard, showcasing the team at its best.
- Build positive relationships and communicate confidently with our clients, nuancing your approach with different stakeholders and ensure you present yourself as a trusted and senior member of the team.
- Support wider organisational projects, helping to create a great workplace and supporting with SMG's mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
- Support the senior leadership team in governance, ad hoc requests and meetings as required.
What you'll need to have / be
- Exceptional leadership qualities, with demonstrable experience of people coaching and management.
- Experience of working towards ambitious targets, with a strong numeracy and data reading abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Google Analytics and Power Point.
- A proven track record in the development and planning of strategic marketing campaigns, which delivered positive results.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills to confidently work with senior stakeholders and external clients.
- The ability to "think differently": As one of our key behaviours here at SMG, you won't be afraid to approach problems from a different angle or challenge the status quo.
- Great organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.