SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
The Executive Assistant will provide ongoing assistance, predominantly for our CEO but also on an ad hoc basis to our wider Exec Committee. This role will take on ownership and oversight of many administrative tasks that in turn will allow the CEO (as well as the wider EC) to make most effective use of their time.
This role will help further professionalise our business through providing a discreet and efficient way to plan leadership time and any practical/ logistical communications with stakeholders and clients.
This person will have an impact on the total business through working to ensure priority projects are planned, executed and finalised to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring the resources and coordinating team members and clients to ensure the effective delivery of projects that the CEO is working on – both internal and external.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Diary management: managing internal and external meeting requests, setting working blocks for key projects and reminders for key deadlines. Managing multiple time zones as our CEO will be split between the UK and US. Preparing the CEO for the week ahead and continually reacting to enable the prioritisation of conflicting needs.
- Inbox management as required – where appropriate responding to and highlighting the emails that require CEO attention.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between our CEO and clients as well as internal team members.
- Take a proactive approach to supporting in the creation of the materials the CEO requires i.e. coordination and development of presentations.
- Responsibility for the finalisation of core materials required i.e. printed materials for pitches or for events.
- Management of all logistics for our CEO such as travel arrangements, meeting room bookings, overnight stays etc. Additionally, the same logistics management for the EC upon request.
- Submission of expenses for the CEO and all members of the EC.
- Co-ordinate with finance on any financial administration that requires attention from the EC.
- Co-ordinate with our Internal Comms Manager to ensure the effective planning and coordination of company events.
- Coordinate with our Marketing team to ensure our CEO and EC are available to represent the company through events/ comments/ materials to drive our marketing agenda.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline the business and build efficiency.
- Sourcing venues, materials and contacts to fulfil business requirements.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
What you'll need to have / be
An experienced and highly proficient EA with a skill set broader than organisational support alone; this person will be competent in building presentations when briefed on the story and the messages that need to be conveyed. We are looking for someone that's adaptable, a strong multitasker and should relish the variety and unpredictability of juggling multiple assignments and changing priorities.
You will have a sense of ownership and involvement in the process and will successfully be able to stage-manage all the elements that come together. Key attributes of the EA are:
- Must ensure discreet handling of all interactions.
- Highly organised
- Pro-active and able to prioritise effectively
- Great communicator and relationship builder
- Committed to excellence with fantastic attention to detail
- Great multi-tasker; able to spin many plates
- Fantastic positive energy
- Likes working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Highly IT literate
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.