SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the North America today and is home to the award winning Retail Media Network agency Threefold.
Founded in 2008, Threefold is the world's leading Retail Media Network (RMN) specialist, headquartered in both London and New York. As part of the SMG agency network, which employs over 250 retail media experts, Threefold's primary mission is to unlock incremental CPG budgets, curate media campaigns that supercharge sales, and elevate its retail partners into top-tier omni-channel media owners, spanning in-store, offsite and online.
Threefold's services include consultancy, evaluation, and a white-label in-house solution that has seen the agency build, run and operate over 10 Retail Media Networks to date.
Today, Threefold run and operate Walgreens' Boots Media Group and Morrisons Media Group, and additional live partners include major retailers like The Co-op, Signet Group and The Very Group.
At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognizing and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognized as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Following a successful RMN consultancy, we have been appointed by a US leading national grocer to operate their end to end Retail Media Network. We are looking for talented individuals to join our start up team to supercharge their RMN capabilities, working with the wider Threefold & SMG business to create the next US Retail Media Network of the future.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Own relationships across our most strategically important CPG’s and / or key retailer or media contacts, looking to continuously build and solidify these.
- Liaise between internal stakeholders and our clients and / or key contacts, following meetings up with clear actions and guidance on next steps.
- Lead brainstorms to help create and implement retail media campaigns that will deliver results for our clients against agreed budgets and timelines.
- Have a strong understanding of the value of the service we provide and effectively communicate that to key stakeholders.
- Communicate confidently with our CPG & retail clients, nuancing your approach with different stakeholders and ensure you present yourself as a trusted member of the team.
- Become familiar with typical objections to our proposition and work to be able to combat these with ease.
- Support junior members in the team with their day-to-day queries and offer them guidance on how to approach new or difficult situations.
- Contribute ideas and recommendations for wider organizational projects, helping to create a great workplace and supporting with our mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
What you'll need to have / be
- The ability to "think differently": as one of our key behaviors, you won't be afraid to approach problems from a different angle or challenge the status quo and will have a solution-focused mindset when tackling new tasks.
- Previous demonstrable experience working within a similar role, ideally within a marketing agency, a growing CPG and / or the retail media network sector.
- Great organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of building highly collaborative relationships and delivering against the highest standards for the client.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favorites
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ Wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organization to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.